Between holiday parties, family feasts, cookie exchanges and gifts galore, the holiday season can be a temptation landmine for people trying to watch their weight or sugar intake. Luckily, not all delicious desserts need to be sugar bombs.
Desserts Can Fit into Your Lifestyle
Like all other times of the year, it’s important to stick to a healthy eating plan during the holidays. That doesn’t mean denying yourself decadent, delicious desserts, but rather finding ways to fit them into your lifestyle.
One way to enjoy tasty treats is to make them yourself and serve at holiday get-togethers, or when houseguests come to visit. Here, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite recipes using BOOST® Nutritional Drinks. When you use BOOST®, you get the benefits of nutrients like protein, vitamins and minerals, not to mention great taste.
These holiday-inspired recipes will help keep you on top of your nutrient needs while filling you with that holiday spirit. Even better – a few of these dessert recipes can be used in cookie exchanges or for gifting to friends and neighbors.
Six Sweet Holiday Treats
- Banana Bread – Homemade loaves of sweet, fresh-baked bread make easy gifts for mail delivery people, doormen, hairstylists and other service folks who could use a little extra delight during the holiday season. You can also keep some on hand to slice up for houseguests to have as a breakfast or snack. This recipe uses BOOST® Original Nutritional Drink Very Vanilla Flavor and has just four easy steps.
- Cinnamon Sugar Mini-Donuts – While the traditional Hanukkah treats are oil-fried, jelly-filled donuts, these cinnamon sugar mini-donuts are a nice alternative. They also look cute on an assorted cookie platter. This recipe calls for BOOST® Original in Very Vanilla Flavor, but you can also try it with BOOST® High Protein Cinnabon® Bakery Inspired Flavored Nutritional Drink for even more cinnamon-y taste.
- Holiday Bread Pudding – Dazzle the dessert buffet and liven up a traditional bread pudding with BOOST® Original Very Vanilla Flavor. One portion has 8 grams of protein!
- Cherry Cheesecake – Another fan favorite for the holiday season dessert table is cheesecake. This version, made with BOOST® Original Very Vanilla Flavor, can also be made in mini-muffin tins and served as cute petit-fours to serve at the end of the meal or with coffee and tea.
- Hot Chocolate Winter Cocktail – Speaking of hot drinks, who doesn’t love a piping hot cup of hot chocolate after a chilly day spent shoveling snow or running errands? Warm up your insides with this nutrient-packed hot beverage made with BOOST® Original Very Vanilla Flavor and hot cocoa powder. Use a candy cane as a swizzle stick and for some peppermint flavor and to delight the kid in you, or spice it up for more of an adult twist with Irish cream or amaretto.
- BOOST® Pumpkin Nog – Love eggnog but don’t love all the empty calories? Here’s a delicious version that delivers extra nutrients along with that classic festive flavor. With BOOST® Original Drink Very Vanilla Flavor as a base, plus canned pumpkin, vanilla ice cream, honey and cinnamon, it doesn’t get much simpler or tastier than that!