Glucose management is an important part of living with diabetes. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), keeping your blood sugar levels in the target range can help prevent long-term health problems, such as kidney disease, heart disease, and vision loss, as well as help improve your overall mood and energy levels.
Diet, lifestyle, and medication can all play a role in helping you manage your blood sugar, according to the CDC. And when it comes to following a healthy, balanced diet, every choice matters. Whether you’re carb counting or simply looking for a balanced mini-meal or snack, BOOST Glucose Control® Nutritional Drink could be a great addition to your daily routine as part of a medically supervised diabetes management plan.*
Is BOOST® for Diabetics?
While BOOST offers a line of nutritional products for diverse dietary needs, BOOST Glucose Control® Nutritional Drink may be a good choice for those who need to watch their blood sugar.* This convenient and balanced nutritional drink is clinically shown to produce a lower blood sugar response versus a standard nutritional drink in people with type 2 diabetes.* Not only that, but this delicious drink is available in three popular flavors—Rich Chocolate, Very Vanilla, and Creamy Strawberry—so you can enjoy getting the nourishment you need to help fill nutritional gaps.
What’s in BOOST Glucose Control® Nutritional Drinks?
Each serving of BOOST Glucose Control® Nutritional Drink has 190 nutrient-rich calories and 25 vitamins and minerals to help meet daily nutritional needs. Additionally, each drink contains a patented balanced ratio of:
- Protein (16g). Protein is essential for muscle health and can help manage hunger. Higher protein diets can help support blood sugar management, but half of adults with diabetes don’t get the protein they need from diet alone. For even more protein, try BOOST Glucose Control® MAX 30g Protein Nutritional Drink.
- Carbohydrates (16g). Carbs provide energy to help your body function. Plus, each serving includes 3g of fiber to help support digestive health.
- Fat (7g). Fat provides essential fatty acids and can help slow the digestion of carbs and minimize blood sugar spikes.
BOOST Glucose Control® Nutritional Drink is gluten-free, kosher, and suitable for lactose intolerance (not for individuals with galactosemia).
The Role of BOOST Glucose Control® Nutritional Drinks in a Balanced Diet
BOOST Glucose Control® Nutritional Drinks are the perfect mini-meal or snack to help meet your daily nutritional needs.* They’re designed to fit into your balanced diet as part of a medically supervised diabetes management plan. BOOST Glucose Control® Nutritional Drink is also convenient to take with you to work, school, or when traveling—so when you need a snack, you’ll be ready.
Tips for managing blood sugar levels
If you’re new to managing type 2 diabetes, knowing how to control blood sugar can be daunting. Consider some of these tips from the CDC for managing your blood sugar:
- Eat a healthy diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Try to avoid foods that are high in saturated fat, trans fat, sugar, and salt.
- Eat at regular times and avoid skipping meals
- Practice portion control
- Track your blood sugar levels, noting spikes and dips
- Choose water over higher-sugar drinks like juice and soda
- Limit your alcohol intake
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Get regular physical activity
Why Choose BOOST Glucose Control® Nutritional Drinks for Diabetes-Friendly Nutrition?
For those managing blood sugar, BOOST Glucose Control® Nutritional Drinks can help provide the nutritional support you need to get more out of life.* This nutritional drink is balanced, convenient, and ready to drink—perfect for your busy life. And the flavors are so delicious that we stand by them with our Great Taste Guarantee. !
Explore the full range of BOOST Nutritional products, including drinks, powders and puddings.
*Incorporate BOOST Glucose Control® Nutritional Drinks into a balanced diet as part of a medically supervised diabetes management plan. Not a substitute for medication.