BOOST® Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup raisins
1/3 cup BOOST® Vanilla Drink
1/4 cup cholesterol free vegetable oil spread (melted*)
2 oz. fat free cream cheese
2 oz. cholesterol free vegetable oil spread (softened*)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and brown sugar in a mixing bowl.
3. Add carrots, egg, raisins, BOOST® Vanilla and vegetable oil spread; stir well.
4. Pour batter into an 8-inch square baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
5. Bake at 350° F for 25 - 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Cool completely before adding frosting.
FOR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
1. Place cream cheese and vegetable oil spread in a mixing bowl. Blend with a fork or electric mixer until smooth.
2. Add vanilla and powdered sugar; stir until smooth.
3. Spread evenly over cooled carrot cake. Allow icing to set for 10 minutes before cutting.
4. Cut into 9 squares.
Cake may be covered with plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
* I Can't Believe It's Not Butter was used in this recipe.
BOOST PLUS® or BOOST® High Protein Drinks can also be used in this recipe.
Nutritional profiles will change with product used.
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is a registered trademark of Unilever USA
servings (2 5/8" squares)
Calories per serving: 250
Calories: 250, Calories from Fat, Total Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 200mg, Carbohydrates: 37g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 24g, Protein: 3g, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron