BOOST® Cake Brownies with Chocolate Icing
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup water
1 - 8 fl. oz. bottle BOOST® Chocolate Drink
1/3 cup vegetable oil spread (melted*)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 egg whites
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
2 Tbsp. milk or cold coffee
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine flour, cocoa, brown sugar, and baking soda in a mixing bowl; stir well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine water, BOOST® Chocolate, melted vegetable oil spread, vanilla and egg whites; stir well.
4. Add BOOST® mixture to flour; stir to combine ingredients.
5. Pour batter into a 9”x13” pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350° F for 15 – 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Cool completely before icing.
1. Combine powdered sugar and cocoa in a bowl.
2. Add milk or cold coffee and stir until smooth.
3. Spread evenly over cooled brownies. Allow icing to set for 10 minutes before cutting.
4. Cut brownies into 20 pieces.
* I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter was used in this recipe.
BOOST PLUS® or BOOST® High Protein Drinks can also be used in this recipe.
Nutritional profiles will change with product used.
I Can't Believe It's Not butter is a registered trademark of Unilever USA
- 2 1/4" x 2 5/8" pieces
Calories per serving: 150
Calories: 150, Calories from Fat, Total Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 105mg, Carbohydrates: 28g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 17g, Protein: 3g, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron