Back To Top
Getting the right nutrition can be challenging. This often becomes more difficult as we age, or when we’re recovering from an illness. If you help care for someone in need of nutrition support, the following tips may be helpful.
Understand Basic Nutrition
Nutrition can be complicated. That’s why we’ve teamed up with a group of experts from Nestlé Nutrition. Read up about basic nutrition, the importance of getting the right nutrients every day, and the role BOOST® Nutritional Drinks can play in helping provide good nutrition for your loved one.
Help Your Loved Ones Get the Nutrition They Need
BOOST® Nutritional Drinks are excellent sources of key nutrients your loved ones need to be at their best. BOOST® drinks come in delicious flavors so your loved one will be sure to find one they’ll enjoy.
Eat Well and Live Well, One Meal at a Time
Your loved one may be experiencing a loss of appetite. Small things can sometimes help to make them look forward to mealtimes again:
- Plan several smaller snacks and meals throughout the day. BOOST® drinks are a great way to help your loved one get the nutrition they need.
- Create a firm schedule by eating at the same times every day, regardless of whether your loved one feels particularly hungry.
- We eat with our eyes first. Use creative plating and garnish food to make it look more attractive.
- Liven things up. Turn on some background music and use colorful tableware and bright centerpieces.
Check out the BOOST® Tools and Resources Available
We’ve created some key tools and resources for you, so you have consistent support along the way:
- Use the “Which BOOST® is Right for You?” Tool to see which BOOST® drink best fits the needs of the person you’re caring for.
- See our Recipes for delicious ways to add the nutrition of BOOST® drinks into everyday cooking.
- Try using the Meal Planner for ideas on how to fit BOOST® drinks into your loved one’s diet. You can even print it out as a daily guide for the person you’re caring for.
Take Care of Yourself
The better care you take of yourself, the better care you can give to your loved one.
- Don’t let your own nutrition suffer. When you’re stressed and busy, let BOOST® Nutritional Drinks help you, too.
- Take time for yourself every day and do something you enjoy.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you have help, so does your loved one.